Christopher Rios

My full name is Christopher Matthew Rios; I am a full-time student at Stanford University working towards a degree in Biomechanical Engineering. Currently, I work as a Corporate Relations CDC Intern for the Opportunity Job Fair's Corporate Relations Committee in addition to representing FLIP (First-Generation Low Income Partnership) and Latinos Unidos as Frosh Interns.

My past work experience has primarily been in web management and graphic design. I currently help manage the "Leland Quarterly" as well as the layout for MEChA's website.

During the summer of 2012, I attended Stanford University as part of their Inaugural Leland Scholars Program and got the opportunity to take a Chemistry course taught by Dr. Schwartz.

Before my arrival to Stanford, I attended Brazosport High School in Freeport, TX. There, I founded the school's first Quidditch Club after helping co-found Brazoswood High's Muggle Quidditch Team. I also attended leadership training in Washington D.C. as part of the National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC). I later came to achieve the rank of Eagle as part of the Boy Scouts of America and obtained recognition from the College Board as a National Hispanic Scholar (NHRP) and an AP Scholar. I graduated from Brazosport High School as Valedictorian already having completed 30 college hours from Brazosport University: there, I am still working towards an Associates Degree in Science.

As for the future, I intend to declare a coterminal degree here at Stanford for a Masters in Science. Afterward, I hope to be aiding in the development of animatronic prosthetics for use by amputee victims.