Nutrition Workshop Reflection

An additional workshop regarding nutrition was held as part of the Latino Scholar's program: Jennifer Waldrop from the Vaden Health Center came to speak to us about the importance of nutrition during our stay at Stanford.

The workshop sounded great, but sadly I was not able to attend. I talked to the people that were able to attend and looked at the PDF's that they were uploaded (recreated below), and I have to say, there was a lot ot be learned. All that's left to be answered is how to keep up with the hussle and bussle of day-to-day living? What sort of system should I keep in place to make sure that I'm staying healthy? How important are daily vitamins and how much physical activity is optimal?

(1) Slowly, I am being made more aware of how important my health is to my academic success. If I want to maintain my grades, then I definitely need to rethink the way I eat on the day-to-day.

(2) I have also seen that when it comes to writing papers, I have a huge tendency to skip meals in order to finish before the deadline. But, as it turns out, I may be doing myself more harm than good: it's important to eat regularly in order to keep my brain functioning at an optimal level.

Quick Ideas: Meals

One thing that was definitely stressed was the importance of eating regularly: three meals a day with snacks inbetween is definitely optimal. Here are some ideas:

Breakfast

Quick Snack

Hot Meal