The King is everywhere! Of course this is definitely not a new revelation to me -- having lived in many other MENA region nations where the King/Monarch/President is plastered to everything, but I have found the Jordanian ingenuity for imaging quite interesting.  In visiting a girls youth center in Mafraq (north of Amman), we actually found an image of the King's face constructed entirely out of colored yarn that was hot glued to the wall in a huge mural. We also find him behind every official in town, on calendars, street signs, and being used to "endorse" the most random of products (like a local mechanic). 

Here is an ongoing collage of Kings...(and the Queen too of course). It's very interesting to see when he is portrayed wearing his military uniform, when he is in a business suit, and when he is in a classic Jordanian garb (i.e., dishdasha and ht ahmar). 

One of my favorite pictures of the king comes from a visit south to Wadi Rum -- I found the entire Hashemite line plastered to the back window of a pick up truck. For me this picture conveys such a sense of place -- as it captures the distinctive desert of Jordan, the pick up trucks fitted out for the tourist industry, and yet also affirms commitment to the Jordanian line of rulers.