SURI 2012

I am happy to be back again for my second summer of reserach with the Designing Education Lab!  I continued to work with the group throughout the school year, so I am excited to continue the work and really get to see some things through to completion (well, as complete as ongoing reserach gets!) and continue to work on some new projects that we started during the year.  Last summer, I mainly worked on the development of the PEARS (Pathways of Engineering Alumni Survery) survey.  I was able to be part of the deployment and data collection, and now I get to help with the analysis and writing the school reports.  It's exciting to me to be able to work on all aspects of this survey, really giving me a good idea of how much time and effort a survey takes. I will also be working on the Epicenter project that we began during the year.  Epicenter is a project with several other faculty members to look at entrepreneurship education specifically for engineers.  This is particularly interesting because I get to be involved in this from the VERY beginning - we did a literature review and we have been brainstorming potential research questions.  Lastly, we launched an initial version of the new PEACHES (Professional Entrepreneurial Aims and CHaracteristics of Engineering Students) survey with our two visiting German students.  Unfortunately, they had to leave, so I am taking over their work on PEACHES.  PEACHES will be used to help inform Epicenter work, and engineering education in general.  And I will be continuing to work on Delta Design, further optimizing it for E14.  So, some continuation of old work, and some new exciting work!