Engineering Sketching is a course that focuses on the basic sketching skills that allow designers and engineers to convey their ideas to others and do basic renderings to use in more formal settings. These sketches are from my final project and give a basic idea of the evolution of my idea and product as I experimented with the product's form.

My idea for my final project was a hand held device that would make paying your bill at a restaurant much easier, especially in large groups when multiple people are paying in multiple payment methods. Instead of putting stress on the wait-staff and the customers, the waiter simply delivers the device to the table and the guests pass it around to each individual paying. Each individual uses the touch screen to select the items she or he wants to pay for and adds in tip and tax and the device calculates the amount owed. Then, the customers pays this amount either by cash or card. The following sketches lay out my design process for my idea, starting with the ideation stage and ending with a final rendering.

After going over my first sketch with my professors I adapted my ideas and investigated changes.